Thursday, February 25, 2010

A busy day . . .

Dad called this morning. He came in for a page in first thing this morning and didnt end up staying very long. So he came by for some coffee! He ended up hanging out for close to 2 hours. It was nice to have some company in the morning. We had breakfast together (oatmeal and a cup of coffee) and then he helped me do the dishes and tidy the kitchen up, which I appreciate so much! I love my Dad soooo much! What a blessing!

Today Eli and I could potentially have a busy day. You know the days when you could do some errands but nothing that is pressing to the point where it has to be done? One of those days, however I'm feeling like I have the drive to go out and do a few errands so I might as well! He's been down for a nap for an hour and half, and I'm hoping he'll sleep another half hour.

Andy starts his 3rd session of school on Monday. He is almost done his apprenticeship and we're so excited! Monday will be tight but we've been saving for awhile. And as I mentioned before I know God will take care of us, and financially we'll be okay! We'll have to obviously live on a tighter budget but we can do it. My maternity leave is done in 13 weeks which means my EI is also up. This is going to be a stressfull time but I'am so confident that we'll manage! A friend actually told me about income support for apprentices' so I'm off to pick up a form for it today! Its a very in depth application, as in you have to write in every little detail when it comes to how you live. Mortgage payment, cell phone bills, living expenses, groceries, clothes, haircuts, gas, insurance, etc . . . and apparently there is a booklet that goes along with it, and the lady I spoke to about the application said to read it very carefully. The more information the better. Lord willing we will qualify for this, but we'll see. It takes 4-6 weeks to be processed.

Also, one thing I'm very excited about. I came across an edmonton childrens magazine, and they had some support information in it. One place they talked about is actually in Sherwood Park, and get this its on my street!! We've driven past it everyday and I always wonder what the place is. Its called Parents' Place Association of Sherwood Park. They have breastfeeding support, birthing classes, postpartum support, and the list goes on. These courses may not apply to me directly but my thoughts are there may be a chance I could get involved and have some of my hands on doula training hours done with an organization like this! There is also an organization called Terra Association. I'm sure some of you have heard of this association. They serve pregnant and parenting teens. They're also looking for birth support volunteers! Seems like the doors are openning in all the right places. How blessed am I!

Mandi thanks for the comment you left yesterday! It was awesome to read, and its so true to be excited about something that you feel passionate about! Cant wait to see how you put your interior design skills to work!!

No comments: