This weekend I am attending a conference called Harness the River. Its a Sexual Purity conference. Its put on by the author of Every Woman's battle, Shannon Ethridge. Iam very excited about this!
So maybe your wondering why? I'm married right, shouldn't sexual purity be an easy thing? I always thought growing up that that my life will be so much easier once Im married, when I can just have sex, and all the temptations and struggles will just go away.
Shannon's book, is all about how woman's sexual struggles are often more emotional (however they definitely can be physical!!). Men's sexual struggles are usually more physical than emotional. Woman are more emotional, men tend to be physical.
Here is a part off the website for this conference, that asks you a few questions, and these topics will be addressed this weekend! Yes, they may make you uncomfortable because I feel like some of these topics are taboo in the world when it comes to woman, but its still important to talk about!
There’s nothing wrong with comparing myself or my husband to other people.
When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
(2 Corinthians 10:12)
I am mature enough to watch any movie or television show, read any book, listen to any music, or surf any web sites without being affected in any way.
The good woman brings good things out of the good stored up in her heart, and the evil woman brings evil things out of the evil stored up in her heart. (Like 6:45)
It doesn’t hurt anyone if I fantasize about someone other than my husband when we make love.
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. (Romans 8:5-9)
Thinking about what kind of man I’d like to have if my husband were to die is not a big deal, so long as I am not how plotting to carry that out!
Masturbation does not hurt me, my relationship with my current (or future) husband, or my relationship with God.
It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control her own body in a way that is holy and honourable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5)
Because I feel so sexually tempted, I must already be guilty, so why bother resisting?
There’s no one who would really understand my struggle.
No temptation has seized you except what is common to woman. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
In 2003, there were an estimated quarter of a billion pornographic webpages online and the internet usage of these porn sites is almost equal between men and women. In 2009 the statistics have shockingly almost doubled and here are the new stats:
- Size of the Industry is $97 billion worldwide ($57 Billion in 2003)
- Adult Videos account for $37 Billion ($20 Billion in 2003)
- The pornography industry is larger than the revenues of the top technology companies combined: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo!, Apple, Netflix and EarthLink (combined revenues were $94.8 Billion in 2009)
- The top 4 countries worldwide were China, South Korea, Japan and the USA for a combined revenue of $86.4 Billion
- 15% of the websites on the Internet are porn sites with a total of 4.2 million websites and over 420 million pages of porn (2009 Statistics) with the USA having 244 million of those pages
- 42.7% of Internet users view pornography and 25% of search engine requests (68 million daily) are for pornography
- 89% of chat room solicitations are for sex. Twice as many women as men in chat rooms
- Largest consumer of Internet pornography are the 35 - 49 age group
- Child pornography revenues today are $5 billion up from $3 Billion in 2003
- US Customs Service claims there are over 100,000 websites offering child porn