Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday

We've had a good weekend!

We finally got to try out Victory Church, the church we've been wanting to try out for quite awhile. We have some family friends that attend there, and they've had nothing but great things to say about this church! Currently Victory is doing renovations, and by the sounds of things once their done its going to be a pretty nice building for their church! Lots of work to do, but its all being done by volunteers. How cool is that, hey? The service starts at 10:30 which of course is right when Eli should be napping. We were able to put him down for 45 minutes before we left so that was good. They do have a nursery there for babies, so when you decide you want your baby to go in there they'll get the nursery working to head in. We held onto him for the whole service. By the end he was ready to go, and I had to hang out in the foyer with him.

The worship was good. Reminded me of what I'm used to. Lots of clapping which I really like! We had so many people come and introduce themselves to us, which I really appreciate! By the time we left the church I couldn't remember half the peoples names however everyone was so welcoming! I dont remember the last time I attended a church like this!! The relationships you make at church are often what keeps you coming back!

I had e-mailed the church earlier in the week just to ask about the nursery, and I had Pastor Emilie e-mail me back. During the worship she actually approached us and introduced herself and she gave me a big hug. Throughout the rest of our time there she introduced me to other women with children, and told me about their plans for the church! She also mentioned the fact that she had heard I used to help lead worship. She was very kind, and made us feel so comfortable!

They had a guest speaker this Sunday, and I ended up missing half the sermon because Eli was fussy, but we've decided we'd like to go back next Sunday and hear the regular pastor preach. I've heard that he is just a great speaker!

We came home this afternoon, had some lunch and then we all had a nap for a good hour and a half! So nice!

Andy starts school tomorrow for his plumbing apprentice. We're very excited for him to go, but its going to mean I'm going to really have to take alot of responsibility with Eli because Andy will have to be studying after school. Its only 8 weeks so just as soon as we all get into our schedule and used to our roles while he's in school, he'll be back to work! Just our luck!

Financially, both Andy and I will be on EI so its going to be tight, and we're both feeling stressed at this point. The unknown is always stressfull, but I know and trust we'll be okay!

Also, I've called the pediatricians office and have had Eli's dr. appointment moved up to Wednesday. I have a feeling I'm going to have to be very direct with his dr. because he's usually in and out pretty quick. I want to get down to Eli's congestion issues, and I keep telling myself that as his parents we have to be his advocates and stand up for him!

Hope your all having a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you do need to advocate for him. Nobody in the world will as well as you and Andy. Nice to see you at church. You are a beautiful family. Tod