Friday, February 12, 2010

What a night . . .

Where do I even begin? Maybe with saying that Eli was up pretty much every hour last night. And not just awake and whining, but woke up screaming. He wouldn't stop crying... nothing we did would help him. Eventually it got to the point where we had to let him cry! The longest stretch of sleep we had was 3 hours! Poor guy. Trying to get a look in his mouth this morning it looks like his two top front teeth are cutting through, at the same time! How painful! Because of all the crying his throat is sore, and he's coughing up a storm because of the extra drool in his mouth. Its a vicious cycle. Cough, start crying, looses it. What should I do? We have to make a trip to wal mart because we're out of baby tylenol. Teething gels aren't encouraged! I've heard of some teething tablets that are supposed to work wonders, maybe I'll pick some of those up.

This is what our morning has consisted of.
7:15a.m - Eli wakes up crying, doesn't want the bottle, water, or soother.
8:15a.m- We go back to bed.
10:00a.m - Eli wakes up crying. Drinks a bottle, and some water. Takes a bath, seems happy for 5 minutes
10:30a.m- Goes back to bed
11:40a.m- Still asleep

My poor husband. I dont think he got more than 4 hours of sleep last night.

Well I hear Eli starting to stir, maybe I should go get him before he starts crying.
Any teething tips on how to make this process easy for us all, please dont hesitate!!

No comments: