Saturday, February 13, 2010

What to do with a sick little boy?

Well Eli slept really well last night! 12 hours. I heard him cry out a few times but he went right back to sleep. Thank God. I really mean that. We prayed last night that he would sleep soundly, and that he did. I was preparing myself for a horrible night, up every hour, and it didn't happen.

Every now and then today he was his happy self. Not for long though. Nothing like a runny nose, and a cough so bad that at times he cant breath. It makes my heart break. We got out of the house for a bit today, went over to Dan & Marions. It was nice to hang out with them, and its fun to see their little boy Lucas and Eli play together. But we had to leave because nothing would keep our little guy happy. He fell asleep within 5 minutes of driving. So we decided to drive around Sherwood Park and talk so we didn't have to wake him. I'm glad we did, because as soon as we got him home and out of the car he was miserable and upset.

What do you do with a sick little boy who wont eat, play, or sit and cuddle? You do this:


I'm pretty sure he is waaaay over the weight limit as compared to when he was a newborn but it worked for a bit.

Anyways, we put Eli down for 6:45. I swaddled him which is something I havent done in a very long time. It worked though, he relaxed and let me cuddle him. However, again he refused to eat. Nothing, not a drop. So we'll see what kind of night it is. He ate about 16 ounces today, and usually thats what he has to eat just in the morning. I hope he doesn't get dehydrated. The little boy has been on his antibiotics for 24 hours now, so hopefully by tomorrow he'll be more like the little Eli we know!

On another note, I'm very excited for Mothers/Fathers Day this year! Yes because it will be our first but also because I have alot more respect for my parents. Being a mom or dad is tough, and alot of work. I appreciate them waaaay more than I ever have now that I have my own child. Its an appreciation that I dont think a child can have until they have their own baby/child. Its an incredible feeling!

I'm off to relax for a bit with Andy before we go to bed in a few hours. I was really hoping to try out a new church tomorrow morning however we'll see what happens and how the night goes.

No comments: