Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Days like today . . .

Days like today make me realize why I'm not even close to thinking about having another baby. Here is how our day started.

4:50a.m - Eli wakes up screaming, go in, change his diaper, he eats 2 oz and refuses anymore
5:00a.m- Put him back in crib, screaming
5:15a.m- Stil screaming, we go in and try to console him, try feeding him more, he refuses
back in crib, still screaming
5:30a.m- Go in again, try to console him, continues to scream. He wants to get up.
5:35a.m - Andy has to get ready for school, I go take a shower so I can't hear Eli screaming
5:50a.m- Get out of the shower, and I can hear Eli trying to catch his breath from crying
6:00a.m- I go back to bed

7:30a.m- Eli is awake, and ready to get up. I dont get out of bed until 8:00a.m . I feed him and he starts playing, I check my e-mail.

Well I hear him playing and look over, he's pulled our oil candle off the side table and has dumped the oil all over the floor. Nice. I take it away, he gets mad, and wants to continue playing with it. I feed him breakfast, and tidy up. He plays, and I catch him in the bathroom. Apparently, Andy left the lid open on the toilet seat and Eli is playing in the toilet.

Its 10:00 a.m, Eli's regular nap time and he refused the bottle, and he's upstairs crying in the crib. This is very unlike Eli. He rarely cries himself to sleep however the past few days its become the norm. Days like today make me realize why we may only have one child.

No comments: