Friday, April 9, 2010

Good Morning & Good Night

I'm so proud that Eli knows what the sign (as in sign lanuage) for milk is. I catch him all the time doing it. Especially this morning. He isn't feeling well, and since he has been refusing solids I decided this morning just to give him a bottle instead of fighting with him to eat breakfast. A few times this morning when he started whining, he showed me through sign language that he wanted a bottle. Sometimes I wonder if its just a reflex because all the sign is is closing and opening your fist with your palm facing inside. But sure enough when he
the sign for milk I get a bottle and he is more than hungry. Chugs back the whole thing.

Mornings used to be so easy for us, however these days they're hard! By 8:00, he wants to go down for a nap. When I hear him first thing in the morning, the first thing I do is pray for patience, and that God would help me get through the day. I dont think I could do it without God's help, and some days I wonder if going back to work would be easier than staying at home with him, but I know whats important is for me to not go back to work. With God's help I know I can get through each day!

So with that being said, this morning was no exception, especially since Eli isn't feeling well. So by 8:30a.m (we hadn't even been up for 2 hours!) he was rubbing his eyes, and I figure whats the point in keeping him up when he's unhappy, I'm frustrated, and he's tired and not feeling well. He needs the sleep I guess. So he's already down for his first nap. He'll probably sleep until 10:30, and then maybe we'll venture out of the house just to get out. Wal mart is always a good place to hit up when theres nothing else to do! And today is not a day for a walk unfortunately. I'm thinking today maybe a day where Eli gets 3 naps.

I should go tidy up and clean my house, although I dont feel motivated to do it.

No comments: