Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mowing the Lawn

Okay so heres the thing... maybe some of you can help me out with this. We live in a half duplex. So we're connected to someone else on the other side. They're older than us, but not old by any means! We haven't really had any issues with them. The odd time that they're loud, and we've had to go over at 2:30a.m and ask them to turn the music down. They drink and smoke alot so I think often times they pass out with the music blaring! But otherwise we dont mind them at all!

But . . . here is my question. I want to go out and mow the lawn. Andy did it just a few weeks ago and it needs to be done again. So when we mow the lawn whats the rule on our neighbors yard? When Andy cut it a few weeks ago, he cut their half of the grass, as well as ours. When it snowed in the winter (and spring too!) we would always shovel their side of the walk... I think we shovelled their walk more often than they did their own! So is there like a rule on how it works? Like Andy cut their grass the last time (which is a thankless job by the way!) so this time when I cut our grass do I do their side too or just leave it? That kind of comes across as snobby, no? Would it create an issue if I didnt do their side? Our combined lawn isn't huge so I could just do it, but whats the rule of thumb when it comes to this!? HELP!!!

If I can figure out how to use this lawn mower we have, I'll probably just cut their lawn too.

1 comment:

Grace said...

you are definitely not obligated to. In fact, if you keep doing it, they will almost expect you to do it. Just do what they do. If they cut your lawn too when they do theirs, then you can do the same for them. if not, then just do yours.