Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kitchen Pictures

Arent these the cutest jammies?!

Last night around midnight I woke up to Eli crying. Not just whimpering, but full out crying, that eventually turned to screaming. Generally, Andy and I leave him if he wakes up at night (which usually never happens!!) But last night, once the crying turned to screaming I went in and got him. He was laying down crying. Part of me wonders if maybe he was crying in his sleep, and wasn't awake. Thats possible right?

So I picked him up, and brought him downstairs, he stopped crying pretty quickly and was very quiet. I didnt turn on any lights or say anything to him. I sat down in the rocking chair and he just quietly sat in my arms cuddling. We sat for probably 10 minutes just rocking. After that he started to squirm a bit, so I grabbed a diaper, changed him and took him back upstairs. I gave him a kiss and he pretty much leaned into the crib. I put him down, he rolled over, and the rest of the night was quiet until I woke him up around 8:15a.m. I'm finding if I let him sleep any later our nap schedule is off for the day.

I was so blessed by this midnight wake up. I know your probably thinking, "WHAT!?" Yes I was. I dont remember the last time he was willing to cuddle with me (except when he was sick and lethargic!!) so this quiet moment in the middle of the night was just so perfect. This morning waking up, I felt tired but almost recharged because of this time we spent together.

Okay, enough of that! Here are some pictures of our kitchen! I'm not too sure how I feel about the green, but we should be ordering our cabinets in a few weeks and until we have them up I think we'll leave it. I just have to say as well... I painted this whole kitchen by myself!! All of it. Andy helped a bit with taping after work, until we ran out of tape and I was on my own. I love to paint, so it wasn't a hard task for me to do!








So what do you think!?

4 comments:

Paula said...

painting looks nice. What color are your new cupboards going to be?

Karla said...

Its called Sambuca, a dark brown... almost like a dark Mocha color.

The Little Sis ;) said...

Nicely done Karla! I can't wait until you get your cabinets in and such. Then your kitchen will be yours, the way you wanted it. That makes it homey :) I'm stoked to see it all finished!

Grace said...

the kitchen looks great! good choice of color, i think. and you LIKE painting? well you can come here and paint our walls ANYTIME! LOL