Wednesday, June 23, 2010

PRIVATE BLOG

With every blog that someone does they have the choice to make it a public or private blog. Originally I was excited because anyone could read my blog, however lately I've been considering making my blog private.

The biggest reason is because I have anywhere from 65-130 hits a day. I dont know who half of those people are. I've also had a number of people that I dont know reading my blog which is fine, however this morning as I was doing laundry I realized something... I've put our last names, first names, pictures, even our house number up in some pictures, as well as I've mentioned what city we live in. It would be pretty easy if someone wanted to track us down it scares me to think this!! but realistically there are some wierd people in our world! If someone really wanted to find us, it wouldn't be that difficult.

So what that being said... for those of you who want to continue reading my blog and following, I would love that BUT I need you to comment on the bottom or email me your email address so I can add it so that you have access to my blog. This is the only way you will be able to have any access to my blog, is if I allow it. If I dont have your email address and you dont let me know you'd like to continue reading, eventually once its switched over to private you wont have access!

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN A COMMENT BELOW, OR EMAIL ME AT: KARLAANDANDY@HOTMAIL.COM

9 comments:

Jeremy, Lacy, Bethany and Cody said...

I want to have access.....please!
jeremyandlacystucky@yahoo.com

Paige said...

tpriegel@shaw.ca

Signtopia said...

It is a cruel world.......predators at your door and unfortunately also online. If setting your blog to private works for you, that is an option......then again, if you do that, I recommend that you only permit people that you personally know and not strangers that want to continue to read your blog. The blogosphere can be good and can be bad......but so are city streets. When you walk through a town you do not display all sorts of info about yourself. Likewise, as you "walk" through the internet, too much information is not something you want to provide. You do have other options. You can delete the posts that have too many details.....like your house number, etc.....and continue as you have been but being more cautious as to what you are willing to reveal to the world. You can also simply discontinue this blog and start all over. I, myself, am fairly careful to not reveal personal info on my blog such as actual names and locations. I let people know I am in Baltimore, but never my street name or neighborhood. I use my screen name Signtopia but never my given name. When I write about my kids and grandkids, I use a silly nickname instead....sometimes changing the names in the same post.

Whatever you have decided, I hope that you find a way to accomplish what you wanted when you began your blog.

Take care and God Bless.

Marion said...

mar_mendoza@hotmail.com

Curve of Spee said...

jcbakker@live.com :)

Sarah Morton said...

sarah.morton87@yahoo.ca

Love reading your blog!

mandi said...

Hey, i love keeping up with you guys.

mandi@gosselins.net

love you

make sure you give eli a kiss for me at his birthday party

Val said...

Hey Karla, I want to keep reading

Aumullerv@hotmail.com

Paula said...

pkmarois@telus.net