Saturday, August 28, 2010

A day

Well, Eli is down for the night. He napped twice today, but boy was he crabby all day! He whined and complained non stop. Both Andy and I were feeling like we needed a break but unfortunately theres not much that can be done about that! Im hoping and praying that he is down for good, and there wont be any waking up. We'll see what happens. Just to be on the safe side, Im going to be early tonight.

Finally, this evening around 6p.m I suggested to Andy we take Eli swimming. He was miserable, and I didnt know what else to try. So we did. He loved it, except for the fact that he was shivering and his lips were blue! We sat in the hot tub for a bit with him to warm him up. It was so good to see him happy, and while we were swimming he even was making happy noises! Melted my heart! But, as soon as we were out of the pool he was back to being his unhappy, miserable self. We came home and he played for a bit and finally he went to bed. He didnt scream himself to sleep which surprised me. He refused to eat all day! He drank lots of water, but refused to drink his bottle (or even look at it!!) or each any sort of solids! Come tomorrow morning he is going to be one hungry little boy.

This afternoon I finished off my canning! I did some more pickles. Yesterday, my mother in law and I did carrots, pickles, and garlic! I was so proud of myself, so this afternoon I attempted to do some more pickles by myself! And it went great! Im so excited to try them, and so is my husband!

Luckily my aunt was able to give me the recipes and the low down on how to do it all, because if I hadnt talked to her about it I would've had no idea!! So thank you Aunty Lynda!! I cant wait to try them! I still have some brine left over so Im going to do a bit more garlic!!

Anyways, Im off to shower (because Im itchy as heck after swimming!!) and then into bed to sleep(hopefully!!)

No comments: