Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It was worth it . . .

Well after a somewhat quiet weekend we're into the week! Sunday night went alright, Eli woke up a few times, let out a few cries and then went back to sleep. When he woke up on Monday morning though we thought we were going to be in for another tough day. But once Eli woke up from his first nap he was happy. We had a completely different baby on our hands. It was so nice! We stayed home the whole day just doing things around the house.

We've started doing renovations on our basement which we're totally excited about! For the past year or so its just been wasted space down there. A storage place for all our extra junk! The fire place is gone, as well as the back wall that was there. We're happy to see it out of there, and excited to get going with our new plans! It shouldn't take long. On our date night that we had on Saturday night we looked at carpet, and Im totally excited about putting new (cheap!!!) carpet down there! We're also planning on moving a wall back and its just totally openning it up! Its been fun for Andy and I to work on it together (for the most part!!) I can only do so much...  But these little (or rather large!!) projects that we do really makes me thankful for a handy husband!

This morning Eli woke up early, considering how late he went to bed. He went to bed (by his choice, not ours!!) around 9p.m, and up before 7a.m!! He was tired, and crabby, so I fed him breakfast and back down to bed for 2 hours! I also went back to bed. We went out to the library and mall for awhile and then came home. I picked up some teething tablets and they seem to be working. Homeopathic so its worth a try!

While he was playing we played the game of bite mommys finger, it wasnt too bad because I was trying to see if he has any new teeth in there. And sure enough!!!! 2 top molars are poking through one each side! I can understand the high fever and crankyness. It makes me feel a bit better now, knowing that all that anger he had was for a better good!

So . . . keep this on the down low, and I can put this on here because Andy doesnt read my blog, but the folk festival is this weekend, and when tickets went on sale Andy was really excited because Ben Harper is one of the artists. Well tickets sold out, and we never got any. He was disappointed. One of the girls I worked with at Perugia just so happened to have tickets for the Thursday night show (when Ben Harper is on!!) and Im getting them from her! Im so excited, and Andy is going to be surprised! Im not going to tell him until Thrusday night until he gets home from work. Cross my fingers I can keep it a secret. Im not good at my own secrets, I get too excited and blab! So we'll see! It'll be a great night!!

No comments: