Monday, October 4, 2010

Passion

These days life has been so busy that I've been having trouble finding the time to sit down and work on my doula course.

However, it seems like God continues to be pointing me in the direction of moms. Last week I went to a fundraiser at Teddys which was for the Pregnancy Care Centre. My mother in law came with me as she is good friends with the director of the centre, and I felt inspired!

I learned alot about what the Pregnancy Care Centre does, who they are, what their goals are, how many women & couples they were with per year, and how their even having opportunities of going into schools. During the presentation there were alot of facts about pregnancy, as well as abortion. Abortion is a fact of life. Women decide to get abortions every year, and in fact Edmonton performs around 5000 abortions per year! At the PCC, they dont scare women into not getting abortions, they give them the facts about what their options are. I love this! They also offer abortion recovery counselling. So many women have abortions, and later on in their lives they are so seriously affected by their decision it consumes them. This is where the PCC steps in and helps them recover from the emotional pain and turmoil of their past decisions!

After the fundraiser while talking to the director of the PCC I felt like the little flickering flame of passion that I feel is just barely there these days was ignited. I dont know what God's plan is for me when it comes to volunteering or working in the future (once Eli goes to school) but I feel like Im headed in the right direction! Id love to get in contact more with the PCC to see how I can help in any way. Hopefully, this will be the push that I need to continue on with my doula course and get it done sooner rather than later!

Check out the website: Pregnancycarecentre.ca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so cool Karla!
Glad that visit left you inspired. Praying for you!
- Jennifer