Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We're meant to be

Im talking about my dear husband and I. I truly believe we're meant to be. Some days I wonder (depending on what day of the month it is) and other days I know! Theres no doubt in my mind.

Its funny, because I truly believe that Andy and I should've met way sooner than we did. We met through a mutual friend, and I had known this friend for years and heard him talk about Andy many times. I went to the same church service for months as Andy, and at one point felt that I should go over and talk to Andy and his friend (I hadnt yet met either of them!) but ignored the feeling. Later on, once we had met I learned of Andy's story growing up and how his parents were missionaries in Spain. I told my mom about his story and my mom informed me that she knew his mom and had gone to a ladies retreat at Salem Acres (a bible camp I grew up going to, as well as volunteering at!!) The summer And and I met I went off to camp for a week to volunteer as a camp counsellor. We had just started dating, and I told him of this camp. He asked me the name, and I told him. Turns out that he grew up there for a small portion of his life. How crazy is that!? So off to camp I went. My co counsellor in the same cabin turned out to be his cousin!?! What a small world! I couldnt believe it!

Just after Andy and I started dating we were hanging out after a church service with a bunch of other friends. Andy asked "So, do you like stuff?" and I said, "Stuff is good." He was so surprised that I said that, and later informed me (down the road once we were serious) that he has told his best friend Ryan that the girl he was going to ask the girl he was going to marry if she liked stuff, and if she said stuff is good, he would marry her. I know, dumb right? But I think its funny!!

Okay so heres another thing I think is pretty neat. Personally, I think our personalities really compliment each other. He is the complete opposite as me, and when people say "opposites attract" I think this couldnt be more true. We keep each other balanced. When I look up the meanings of our name, this is what comes up:

Karla: Strong and Womanly
Andrew: Manly and Courageous

I think, what are the chances of that? We just balance and compliment each other so well.

Recently, I heard someone talk about marriages and how your spouse should be. This person said that there is no one in the world that loves you more than your spouse. They are your biggest cheer leader, supporter, lover, and friend. And in this case, this is so true. Andy always supports me in whatever I want to do. Like the expensive art class Im taking. Or the crazy dance classes I like to do. He is always behind me 100%.

After being married for 4 years (in April) we sure have come a long way. It hasnt been easy, and there are times where I wonder how the heck we've done it, but he is my best friend and lover. I couldnt ask for anyone better. Ya know that check list that every girl has for the guy of her dreams? All of my boxes are check off when it comes to Andy. He is the man of my dreams. 

3 comments:

Celebrant Bonnie said...

You made me cry... it is beautiful!!! And don't forget that both your mothers were brought together as friends just a year before you met.

Katherine said...

I love love stories :)

Denise said...

I love that "stuff is good" story! A good one to tell your kids someday :)