Sunday, February 20, 2011

What a weekend!

What a weekend! Are you ready for it?

Friday night, we had family over for supper. It was a great evening, and I always look forward to our family dinners. Eli was not feeling well though and it was a rough night. He stayed up till 11pm, and then once he was down he was up every 2-3 hours in the night. He couldnt stop coughing, and once he got so worked up coughing he'd start crying.

Yesterday (Saturday) wasnt much better. He was okay in the morning but because he was tired he was fairly miserable. I put him down for his nap and again he couldnt stop coughing. He coughed and cried until he had nothing left, and slept for only 45 minutes. Once he got up, he was more miserable than before. He was so over tired. I had to go out for the evening as I had a moms group event that I had said Id be at, so I guiltily left andy with a very crabby little guy who was either coughing or crying. When I texted Andy at 5:45ish pm to see what was going on, he said Eli was down for a nap. Well get this, Eli slept from before 6pm-1am, we got up for an hour until 2am and then all went back to bed from 2am till after 9am! Needless to say Eli was feeling waaaay better this morning. He still has a cough and runny nose but he was ready to rumble when he got up this morning. Just a few minutes ago he woke up from his nap, and I went upstairs to cuddle him and he fell asleep in my arms. He is so tired, and just needs to rest. Im so blessed that Andy is here with me this weekend to help me out. There is no way I would be able to keep sane if I was at home by myself.

We have less than a week till Mexico, and Im starting to feel a little stressed. Going on a trip to Mexico with a little person is a bit different than you and your spouse or some friends! But Im excited! Im starting to pack things and gather things together. By next Sunday we should be good to go!! Its a short week, and Im blessed to have Andy home tomorrow and Eli should be nursed back to health by mid week, cross our fingers!!

No comments: