Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So blessed

We had a bit of a rough night last night, but I felt pretty good come this morning. Little A woke up around 2am, and after having a bottle he didnt want to go back to sleep. I think he was awake for close to an hour and a half at least! He would go between chatting, and then whining, quiet, and repeat! Im praying (and I know there are some of you out there, that are praying for us too!!) that tonight is a quiet night all around.

Both boys slept in, which was incredible! Eli slept till 8:30am, and little A slept till almost 9am. As soon as Eli woke up he asked "Baby?? See?" Finally once it was close to 9am, I let him go upstairs and see the baby. The baby was happy to see him, even though Eli woke him up.

We went off to our friends place this morning which was a blessing because both boys were pretty much happy all morning. I was able to come home and put them down to bed for their naps. Easy. Bed time was pretty easy too, little A is exhausted come 7pm, so he didnt fight to go down too much.

I had a phone call this morning from a couple in our small group. This couple is newer, and I feel so blessed by them! She called and asked me if she could drop supper off for us tonight since I would probably be busy with the boys. Sure! So at 4pm, her husband showed up at our door with a cooler and a large paper bag. In a small envelope there was a note listening our 'menu'. Im not kidding, it was a menu! Mushroom sauce & meatballs, basmati rice, salad, cucumbers, sweet potatoes for the little people who dont like the salad, jello with fruit in it, and to top it off chocolate cake with almond icing!! What!!!!? I was shocked! Hot food, dropped off at our door (actually in our kitchen!!) and there was tons of food! I was expecting maybe a casserole, lasagne, pasta, you know something like that! Not dessert, vegetables, and more!! I was shocked, and beyond blessed! I couldnt believe how blessed we felt! Just so overwhelming at how incredible and yummy the food was, and I didnt have to cook it!! So blessed!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

My little sister (who isnt so little anymore!) came over to watch a movie with me once the boys were down. She is such a help! Eli loved the attention from her, and she loved being with him. When she walked through the door she had broccoli casserole, and banana bread in hand for us!! Again, such a blessing!!

Tomorrow morning we're heading to McDonalds for an hour or so, home for lunch, then little A goes home for his nap and waiting for his parents to come home.

Its been a busy but good past few days!
Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: