Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Midwifery appointment #2 & Valentines Day

Last night I had my second midwifery appointment with our midwife Cathy. Honestly, I cant even say enough how much I feel blessed to have a midwife instead of a doctor. I can ask as many questions as I want, take as much time as I need, and its so comfortable! She is awesome! Andy and Eli came along as well, as its something she even encourages, and having them there was great too!!

I'am about 18 weeks right now, and so far everything seems good. Im measuring good, and she didn't have any concerns with my lack of weight gain. She said as long as Im eating, and have an appetite thats whats important. Andy and I also met with a doula a few weeks ago, and have hired her. We are excited to have the chance to have a doula, and I think having her as well as a midwife will make this whole experience even better!

This week marks the end of the long stint Andy has done with work. We are counting down the days till the weekend, and he actually decided to take Friday off to spend with us! 4 day weekends are the best, especially when we haven't had any weekends together for the last 2 weeks! I was supposed to have my ultrasound next Friday but decided to move it to this Friday so Andy wouldn't have to take more time off next week. With buying a house and looking for tenants, we need the paycheck right now. I dont think a 3.5 day paycheck would cut it. So on Friday morning bright and early (we need to be there for 7:45am! Which is my own fault because I said whatever time they had we'll be there!!) we should get to see our little person. We're hoping to find out what we're having but because Im only 18 weeks, Im preparing myself to hear them tell me they dont know. In that case I dont think Andy would be down to actually pay for an ultrasound to find out the sex... maybe, I doubt it though!

Because today is Valentines day Andy decided to pick up groceries and make us supper! Ham & cream sauce cannelloni, with spinach salad and bread! I even had a non alcoholic beer! He is such a good cook when I step back and let him take control (which I need to do more often!) and it was such an incredible treat to have supper made for me, especially something we've never had before! Totally was better than getting over priced roses!!

Im counting down the days until we have the weekend here. Ill keep you posted on how our ultrasound goes, and do another tummy pic soon!!

No comments: