Wednesday, April 18, 2012

27 Weeks Pregnant

Ive fallen a bit behind on my pregnancy posts.

This week I am 27 weeks. I also had a midwifery appointment on Monday evening. Things are looking good. Im measuring half a week ahead, and baby is already head down as I suspected. All those jabs right under my ribs. I also had some blood work done since Iam RH negative. Because of this I need to go get a shot at 28 weeks to make sure my body doesn't look at the baby like it needs to get rid if it because of our different blood types. Nothing too serious as long as the blood work doesn't show any antibodies. If there are antibodies in my blood, my midwife will have to speak to an obstetrician to see if I should switch care. Im hoping we wont need to worry about that. My midwife also said the chances of this happening are very slim!

Andy put together the crib over the weekend, and we ended up getting a great dresser off of Kijiji for $20! I am so excited about this dresser, as its pretty much perfect and what I was looking for. Plus the price was right. The drawers were a very bright green, and the rest was white, so I decided to spray paint the drawers a bluey grey. Once I have everything all put back together Ill make sure to post a picture! I found some really neat ideas for artwork using Styrofoam insulation, and scrapbook paper! I started it last night and once its finished I will make sure to show the end result! Now that the nursery is pretty much ready, and Ive ordered a stroller, and a few other items well... I feel ready! I still have 10-12 weeks left before this baby makes its debut but I feel ready. On top of feeling ready, Im also feeling pregnant too. My clothes that used to fit great (more so shirts than pants!) are starting to not fit, and feel as comfortable. I may need to find some longer shirts for the next few weeks. My camera is dead right now, but I will try to get a picture to post a pregnancy picture.

This weekend is our 5 year anniversary, but because we're off to our marriage conference we wont be doing too much for this weekend. Im hoping to convince Andy to get started on the kitchen cabinets and repainting them! Its supposed to be nice out this weekend (supposedly!!) so it might be a good weekend to try and tackle a big job like refinishing cabinets!! We'll see, Ill keep you posted!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow, I must have been away from cyberspace for awhile. Congrats!!! And Happy anniversary.