Friday, April 13, 2012

My little big boy

Eli had his first day of his county program this afternoon. It is an unparented program for 2 hours on Friday afternoons. Because he does so well at church and our moms group, I knew he wouldn't have an issue being dropped off here. I think in his mind he thinks it actually is church, just at a different place. But as always he did great, he did a craft, and was very excited when I picked him up. He had a great time. He told me he wanted to go back on Saturday. Im not going to lie, I felt a little sad walking out of the building to my car and leaving him behind. He didn't even look back when I said bye. Im lucky he is happy to play without me right there, but man he is turning into such a big boy!!

While he was at his program, I had a full 2 hours to get a few things done. Man, did I forget what its like to be able to do errands without a little person in tow. So easy, just a matter of getting out of the car and jumping back in. Especially, when its things like mailing a few letters.

Today is a bit of a gloomy day, however I love the rain. Both Andy and I love the rainy weather, so when I woke up to pouring rain I wasn't too upset. But, its supposed to turn into snow over night and throughout the day tomorrow. I hope they're wrong! Im enjoying seeing the grass at our house!

Tomorrow morning there is an "I've outgrown it sale" at one of the schools right by our house, so Im hoping to venture out to it. Maybe find the stroller Im looking for at a good price, and some new born clothes. I was looking on Kijiji for a dresser, and found one that Im hoping we can pick up this evening. Should be perfect, and for the price of $20, you cant go wrong.  Im looking forward to the weekend, as we have company coming over tomorrow evening for Andy's birthday BBQ, and having Andy home over the weekends is so nice for both Eli & I.

Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments: