Saturday, September 22, 2012

Funky Angel Photography - Birth Pictures


  I am so excited to get my birth pictures!! Because of how things went at the end of my deliver I wasn't too sure how they'd turn out, but I'am so happy with the results. Angela from Funky Angel Photograph offered to do them for me. She's looking to start doing birth photography and needed to get her foot in the door somewhere! She is extremely talented, and also does some really awesome boudoir photography as well!! I got a lot more than just these photo's but picked the ones I was most comfortable with sharing!! Its kind of a personal thing showing these pictures! So here you go!
 

 Andy helping me through a contraction

 Just some of the equipment that Cathy brings to births
 Andy and our Doula
Our table was covered with her medical equipment that she brought. Also for those of you who are unsure about homebirths and midwifery care the amount of paper work that the 2 midwives kept up on while I was in labor and during my delivery was huge!!

 This is Barbara Scriver (back up midwife) and she's checking Judah's heart rate at this point

 Cathy had just arrived, and the affect she had over me was incredible. I felt calm, and started to cry as soon as she came in. I was telling her here that I didnt think I could do it anymore. She spoke softly and just encouraged me
 
Getting to hold him for the first time
 
Gathered around making sure he is okay and getting a good look at him
The paramedics were here at this point, encouraging us to transfer to the hospital

 Right after he was born, and finally started breathing

 Andy holding him for the first time

.
I cannot say enough good things about the care I received. Cathy and Barbara were incredible!!! I wish I would've gone this route with Eli regardless of the outcome and needing to be transferred to the hospital!

No comments: