Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One week in...

Its been about a week since I last posted. Im going to really try to keep up on posting more often.

Last week I posted about my plan to loose weight and to hopefully get Judah to sleep.

Well . . . one of them I succeeded at.

Over the last week I have watched carefully what Im eating, how much, eating less sugar, breads (cards in general!) and have been drinking more water; or trying to at least! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of last week were really good. I stuck to the 17 diet almost bang on. I went to our ladies bible study, and used great self control and had some fruit and vegetables (with no dip!!) and felt great about it. Wednesdays are an eating day where theres lots to snack on. We have bible study in the morning at the church and then our Small Group meets on Wednesday evenings as well. I decided I could have a few snacks at small group in the evening as long as I didnt snack in the morning at bible study. Im not sure if my body re acted to the timbits and chips I had because I hadnt had any junk for over 48 hours, but on Wednesday night when I went to bed I felt like I had a rock in my stomach. When I woke up on Thursday morning I felt like I had the stomach flu, minus the vomiting and diarrhea. As the day progressed I felt worse and worse, and started to feel achy. Andy had to come home from work at lunch because I was so sick. I barely ate anything on Thursday all day, and even on Friday I really had no appetite.

Ya know how when you have the stomach flu, or food poisoning whatever it was that you ate, you have no desire to ever have again in your life? The thought makes you feel repulsed? Well I now feel this way about timbits, and the certain kind of chips I had. Ugh Yuck.

I worked out a few times last week, 3 times to be exact. I'm being more deliberate about getting out for walks or any bit of exercise. 

So I bet your wondering if I lost any weight? Yes, in 7 days, I lost 3 pounds. Its only 3 pounds but every morning when I weigh myself I am still down 3 lbs, so its not just fluke! Yes!

As for Judah's sleeping. Its not getting any better. Its getting worse. Last night I was up 5 times with him, and Andy was up once. So. freaking. dumb. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I tried to let him cry it out for his nap today, and he cried for 45 minutes, when I finally went in there he had thrown up, and had it all over the side of his face. Epic fail on the cry it out technique, we wont be doing that again.

So if anyone has any tips. Let me know. Please!!

No comments: