Monday, February 15, 2010

Another sick day . . .

I'm tired, and sick. Eli is tired and sick. Andy is just tired. I dont know what to do with the little boy anymore. He is so sick. Coughing, and crying. It basically doesn't stop. I have a runny red nose.

Eli woke up at 6:00 this morning and we tried to get him back down but it didn't happen. We all got up and then went back to bed at 8:30. We wet out to mom and dads for lunch today. The whole family was there. It was nice to get together. Eli was just as miserable as ever. He couldn't stop coughing, and then he just starts gagging. Mom spooned him some chamomille tea and he loved it. I think it helped his throat. Poor little guy.

I tried calling Health Link today to speak to a nurse to see what she suggested about Eli. I waited for 15 minutes and finally spoke to a nurse. I explained the whole situation, she asked me a few questions, and then asked what the Dr said when we took him in. "They said to bring him back in if things didnt get better in a few days, and that was on Friday." She responded, "Well then you need to take him into the ER." Useless. She had nothing to suggest about what I can do to help him, what to look for to be concerned, nothing. Unless you have a baby who is 3 months or younger they are useless. She also informed me too that Dr's have been told that they're not supposed to perscribe antibiotics for ear infections because it'll only make it worse. Apparently according to this nurse ear infections are not a bacterial infection they are viral and they'll get better on their own. What!? Seriously!?  "Perscribing drugs will only make ear infections more serious later on in life." Okay, well I wasn't aware of that!! Andy and I decided before I spoke to her that if things aren't better with Eli tomorrow than we're taking him back in.

So here's a piece of advice for anyone who doesn't have a baby or who has a newborn. If you have any questions and your baby is 3 months or younger call health link they're honestly so helpful and great, but if your baby is older than 3 months don't bother!!

Here's hoping and praying that tomorrow he'll be better. I dont think I can do a 5th day of a sick baby.

No comments: