Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If ___________ happens, then____________.

Okay so you might think thats wierd, but if I fill in the blanks and explain it (which I will) I feel relieved and okay. Since having being taught this phrase my life feels more careful, and I dont live with as much fear as I have in the past.

One of my biggest fears in life is loosing my family. My husband, and my parents especially. There are some days that the "What ifs." control my fear and my thought pattern.

I've been doing a bible study by Beth Moore and she said that one of her biggest fears is loosing her husband, and one day God said to her "Okay If your husband dies then what!?" And she replied "Well I'd be in alot of pain, I'd cry, I'd have a funeral, I'd mourn . . ." and the list went on, and God continued to say "And then what? And then what?" Well eventually you get to the end of what you would do, you'd run out of things and you'd be okay. So for me if the worst thing I can think of happens, then . . . well eventually I'll be okay. It may be a long road to being okay but eventually I'd get there.

Since hearing what she had to say and learning that I've felt more free than ever. Anytime the what ifs start to creep back into my mind I remind myself "I'll be okay." I dont know if that makes sense to any of you, but I've found this so very freeing! I hope some of you can take comfort in it aswell.

UPDATE ON ELI
We ended up taking him back in last night. He was coughing and coughing and finally after coughing and gagging so much he threw up. We took him in around 6:15, and were home by 7:00. The dr. gave us a perscription for ventalion but we're not going to fill it. Today he is better than he has been! More of himself, however he's still coughing up a storm and is tugging at his ear. We're continuing with the antibiotics.
So thats that! Give him a few days and I'm sure he'll be back up to speed!!

No comments: