Sunday, February 21, 2010

Church Shopping




These boys have my heart! I love just spending time the 3 of us. Eli is so much fun, and he loves playing with his Dad! This weekend has been a good weekend. Friday night I had a tea party, and it was great to have a bunch of women over, drink tea, and chat! It gave me a good excuse to clean my house very well!

Saturday as I said in my last post Katherine got baptised. We went to Summerside church to see it all happen, and it was really nice to be there! Summerside Church has been the church that I can say we grew up in, and we've built alot of strong relationships. For the most part I know probably 75% of the people there, and it feels good to walk in and see all the smiling people. Because Andy and I are "Church Shopping" I sometimes struggle because every church is compared to the church that in a way has my heart! At Summerside growing up I was involved in worship, as well as Quest the dance team, and the relationships that I built growing up with other youth stick. We've all grown up so fast however when it comes down to it I can walk up to some people and its like nothing has ever changed. I like that. So when trying out new churches its tough because I tend to be critical. The worships not the same, the relationships aren't the same and the list goes on. So Yesterday at the service it was really neat to be there. Its incredible the amount of support and encouragement Katherine has. One thing that I really like about Summerside is that they have a time of sharing. Basically its an open microphone time. Anyone can get up and say whats on their heart, what Gods doing in their life, struggles, prayer requests, etc. This is something that I have grown up with and I miss not having it at other Churches. When Pastor Tom said there'd be a time of sharing I felt a gentle nudge that I was supposed to say something. But what? And then it came to me. God's faithfulness! This past year hasn't been easy for us. We found out I was pregnant, found a place to rent, and that fell through the day we were supposed to move in. Bought a house in Sherwood Park, had a baby, Andy got laid off . . . it was not at all what we expected. Through all of it though God's faithfulness has never waved. Andy was without a job for 2-3 weeks and our finances did not even feel a hiccup. We know this is where we're supposed to be living, and God just continues to confirm that to us! It blows my mind that God is so faithful even financially!

Sunday. We got up this morning and went to Heartland Church. I go to heartland on wednesday mornings for their bible/book study. They have child care, and we are really liking it. They have 3 services in a weekend so its nice to be able to choose which one works with our weekend. Generally we do the 9:15 weekend. We put Eli in childcare and can enjoy the service. If he needs us they have a small box at the front of the church on the wall that will flash a number. Our number for him is 121. We haven't had him need us yet, which feels really great! He loves to play there! So now we just need to build relationships, which is the hardest part. I've met some great women, but its also important for Andy to have relationships too, and in a church so large and established its not easy to be new! So far I'm content going to Heartland but I'd like to shop around a bit more. We'd like something in Sherwood Park, its just so easy and close.

This evening we're headed out to Andy's moms place for supper. We were supposed to get together last weekend on Family day but with Eli being so sick we changed it to this weekend. Back to a 5 day week this week, but I think it should be good. We have a few play dates and things to do.

To finish off, I'd like to share a verse with you guys! It speaks clear to me.

Isaiah 66:13- As a Mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.

Also, no one has left any comments on any of my posts. I have tried to get it so the comment button is there, but I dont see it. To leave a comment, I think you have to click on the post and a comment box would pull up! I'd love to hear any comments, and know that there are some of you out there!! Thanks!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karla, I am trying to post somehting but having trouble. If this works I will actuallty say somehting. Tod Martens

Anonymous said...

It worked! Just wanted to thank you for posting this. It reminds me of the friends I have from Summerside. It took me a long time to move, emotionally, to Sherwood Park as one chapter closed in my life and another began. It took time to go through good and bad times, births and marriages, and even simple things like sharing over coffee, for new friendships to develop. But they are developing. It has taken me a long time to get used to a new church too. If you do ever check us out, let me know ahead of time if you can as I want to make sure we are there. Anyway, I also wanted to encourage you that you will find the right church for your family. It may take some time, but you will find it. Blessings. Tod

Karla Hope: said...

Hey Tod!
Thanks for the comment! I have to figure out how to get a better comment box, cause this is just annoying!!

We are going to try and make it to Victory this Sunday! Do they have a nursery we could put Eli in to play during the service? What time does it start, 10:00? Cant wait!! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Karla! (and sharing it at church.) It has been so neat to watch you grow in maturity and depth this last year. Motherhood really suits you and you seem to have adjusted to it so well! I'm looking forward to being able to go to you for advice (down the road of course!! :) I also enjoyed meeting your friends at the tea party!

Kristin