Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eli's Dr. Appointment

Well we finally had Eli's dr's appointment. I thought it would never come. But today was the day! We got to the dr's office a few minutes late and I felt frazzled but the nurse was so nice and said to have a seat. We didnt have to wait more than 5 minutes before Dr.Radisic came in. He asked what was going on and I told him "I have a few concerns and if you could spend some extra time with us today I would really appreciate it." He sat back in his chair and let me explain the issues. Nose, cough, mouth, pulling at ears, etc. He listened to his chest. Wheezing. Same as at his 6 month check up. He said it could be bronchialitis which apparently is different than bronchitis. He said often times if there is noticiable wheezing more than once than it can be put off to asthma. He said his ears look good, no redness.

"Usually a cough like this can last 3 weeks so we'll see what happens." I told him that this is the third week now and it hasn't gotten any better. He suggested we could put him on antibiotics to clear up the congestion. I told him he was on antibiotics already for his ear infections, and could putting him on more create a super bug? "No." I told him that when I was younger I had to get my adenoids out and could that be an issue that runs in the family? "Yes it could be, so what I would like to do is send him for x rays of his nasal passages, and then swab him for bronchialitis." So we did the X rays, and the swab. Both Eli did not like!

Results! Finally a Dr who is willing to look more into the issue! Its about time! He said the x rays show congestion but it was a great x ray. I guess with baby's its hit and miss! His adenoids were slightly raised (so I'm assuming their a bit swollen) but not too bad. We'll wait to see what the swab results bring back. In the mean time he suggested using nasal spray, which we already do. He gave us some nasonex (big people spray!!) and we'll see what happens. If it doesn't get better I should put him on antibiotics and then if things dont improve from there we'll look into other options!

I feel relieved that a Dr has finally attempted to get to the bottom of this! My heart actually jumps for joy! Now we'll wait a few days to see what the swab results bring back!

No comments: