Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fun filled Saturday!

Well, now that Eli is pulling himself up on anything and everything we thought we should get him a new toy to encourage him to walk! I know, what are we thinking!? I dont know!

So this morning I want off to Sherwood Park Pentecostal Church where they were having a used toy/baby stuff sale. I love these sales! You can get some great deals on new toys, clothes, etc. However today I didnt find what I was looking for! I went with $40 in my pocket and ready to spend some money. I made 4 or 5 laps through the room and tried to find something to at least buy and I couldn't find anything! Nuts!

Off to Superstore I went and found what I was looking for. Only $20! Not bad. So I got it, and a package of diapers and homeward bound I went. Eli was excited to see the box, and when Andy pulled it out and started putting it together Eli wanted to be hands on too! Here are a few pictures to capture the moments!

Finally his new toy is ready! Now how does this thing work!?
Couldn't be more proud. I had to put this one in. He was tired, and obviously not happy because he couldn't have what he wanted... Andy's beer bottle. Ya, I dont think so Eli.

What a proud mom I am! Yes because of these pictures, but because of something Eli learned to do tonight! I bought him a new sippy cup. One with a straw and for the life of him he couldn't figure out that he had to suck on it in order for water to come out. Larissa encouraged me to be persistant and keep trying, as Ivy had figured out in just a few tries. Larissa also reminded me that I had googled how to teach a baby to suck on a straw, and to keep trying. So tonight I did. I put a bit of water in the straw and put the end in his mouth and took my finger off the end so the water would come out. Sure enough he slurped it up. So I put the right end in his mouth, and nothing. He wouldn't suck, nothing. After 3 or 4 tries he figured it out!! I couldn't believe it! Funny how the smallest things in our kids lives are the biggest deals. Like learning how to suck on a straw. Oh the joys of parenting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! Eli is so engrossed in helping Dad put the new toy together! Did he figure out how to walk with it?!

~Kris