Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my neighbor, Amanda! Thank you so much for keeping us up for a large chunk of the night!

Yes, yesterday was our neighbors birthday. We dont usually have any issues with them. They're in their mid to late 20's, and seem like nice people. Last night though my blood was boiling! It was Amanda's birthday and they had people over. No big deal right? No, except for the fact that they stood outside their front door for most of the night partying, and their door just happens to line up perfectly with our bedroom. We ended up going to bed at 11:00 in the spare room which wasn't much quieter. We fell asleep until 1:30a.m. I woke up and Andy was no where to be found. He came downstairs to ask them to maybe quiet down a bit since our bedroom is right by their door. Well I dont know if it was our neighbor that ran her mouth off at us, or if it was her girlfriend but something was mentioned about a birthday once and year, and then she called Andy a few names. Nice.

I thought about calling the police but I thought for sure they'd know it was us, and we have to deal with them for the next however many years. More than anything I wanted to call the police because they were all so drunk that none of them should've been driving. Around 2:00a.m, after Andy asked them to quiet down, and after they decided to sing happy birthday at the top of their lungs multiple times finally the noise stopped. I peeked out the window, and sure enough half the vehicles were gone. And come this morning all of the vehicles that I didnt recognize were gone. I'm mad at myself for not calling the police to let them know that these people potentially could be a danger on the road.

There is only one way to describe how infuriated I was last night though laying in bed hearing them yell and laugh and sing happy birthday! My blood was boiling. Here we are trying to fall asleep, and we have a baby who is waking up earlier and earlier these days! I dont think I've mentioned that before. Eli has decided that every morning he is going to wake up earlier by oh 10-15 minutes or so. Yesterday it was 6:30a.m, well this morning it was 5:00a.m! That doesn't fly with me, so I fed him, Andy changed his diaper and Eli decided he was okay with going back to sleep. I placed him in his crib, he rolled onto his tummy and was quiet.

So that was our great Saturday night! Luckily, Eli is a good sleeper, and napped for 2 hours this afternoon. We napped for an hour and a half, and then Andy let me continue sleep while he got up with the little critter. So nice!

Sunday are such a nice relaxing day around here. We had a late lunch of toasted tomato and bacon sandwiches, I have a chicken cooking in the oven for supper, and now Eli is down for another nap and we're just being quiet. So good!

No comments: