Friday, March 26, 2010

Lets Fly Away

My parents, and Katherine as well as a huge group from their church are off to Mexico today to build a church! They did this last year and the stories & pictures they came back with were amazing! It was very neat to see pictures of them all working so hard. They build a home (which really was a glorified shack) and the family was so thankful. They put in a sink and they have running water, and if I remember correctly they bouht them an outhouse for their home too! The family was so grateful and to think of what they had, but that was enough!

Off my family goes this morning to LA and then they make the drive into Mexico! Please pray for their continued safety, aswell that God would have his hand upon their trip and what happens as they work with the Mexican families to build a church!

So as their off to mexico, my mother in law is taking in a difference experience in the Dominican Republic. Her and her girlfriend left Wednesday morning for an all inclusive trip. She has never been on a trip like this, or to a hot destination like the Dominican! She e-mailed me and said she was glad I convinced her to go.

With my parents gone to a warm place (although for work not vacation.) and my mother in law enjoying the sun, food, and the ocean (which is needs big time to relax and not worry about anything!!) I'm thinking that Andy and I need to get away! Once he's done school we'll find somewhere to get away for 3 or 4 days. It wont be mexico or dominican but we'll make it special for us!

No comments: