Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pet Peeves

Just recently, I've realized that as a newer mom I have alot more pet peeves than I did before, or maybe I just realize them now!
These are just a few:

  • When people park in the parent parking and they don't have children - Most of the time I'm tempted to leave a note or say something, I think its so rude and inconsiderate
  • Often times when I'm out in public by myself or with a girlfriend I get the feeling that people automatically assume just because I'm a young mom it means that I got myself pregnant and am a single mom
  • Strangers giving advice when you haven't asked, or they tell you how to do something when it comes to your child
  • When I call or e-mail someone and they dont make an effort to get back to me within a few days. Even if they have lots going on, just call and let me know that!
  • A messy kitchen, and a cluttered house - Since becoming a mom I cant stand having a messy house. I vacumn every 2nd day (if not everyday!) and do a load of dishes everytime there are just a few dishes in the sink. Cleaning for me is an outlet! Shhh dont tell anyone, I secretly love to clean!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Okay, I have the same pet peeves. I recently bawled out a guy at the Y for parking in parent parking right after school when all the mom's are there with their kids for swimming and it is crowded. The poor guy didn't know what to say and could barely look me in the eye. He got out of his car and I asked him where all his kids were. To bad he will never understand, cause he is a man and it will be his wife hauling the kids in and out of the car!

As an adoptive mom, I get stared at all the time. As the mother of five, I get stared at all the time.

You can't care what others think. That is the hardest lesson as a mom. Do what you know is right and ignore the rest, you will always get looks and opinions.

I think when our lives are so stressful, a clean house is what we can control and it feels good to have something in our control!