Friday, March 19, 2010

PMC

PMC = Permanent Make up.

Which is what I did yesterday. Okay, dont think I'm crazy or totally vain just yet. I have a girlfriend who knows someone who was taking her training. She is finished her training but wanted to sit down with her instructor to go over a few things and they needed a model. So they used me! If you dont know what PMC consists of its basically a tattoo on your face. I had eyeliner and lip liner done. They cool the area down to numb it and then they apply a topical anesthetic to the area and off they go. Umm yeah ouch. But I said I'd do it so I toughed it out. We did my eyes first and when I was done I sat up to look in the mirror and my eyes were swollen like no ones business.Its like after you've cried for a whole week and your eyes are swollen and sore, thats what it felt like after. Next we did my lips. Just a soft line around the edges of my lips and that was that. I was prepared for my lips to hurt more (because theres more nerve endings!) but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Certain areas hurt more than others. The healing process for PMC is the same as any tattoo, it will scab and then the scab will fall away, and so the top layer of color will aswell. Right now my lip liner looks really bright, pretty much like a clown (if I'm not wearing lipstick/gloss) but once it heals it will be very subtle which is what I want.

People generally pay close to $500 for each service! Can you believe that!! I cant! At any rate, I'll post a picture once its healed, for the time being you'll have to wait in suspense while I wait for my swollen eyes to go down. Yes, I know... its my own fault, I can just hear my mom saying that! ;-)

No comments: