Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sleep on a Tuesday morning

I forgot what it was like to wake up on my own! Its 8:45a.m, and Eli is still asleep. Not bad for a baby who went to bed at 7:15P.M! Could you imagine sleeping that long? Eli is an incredible sleeper. I was talking to other moms who have baby's the same age as Eli and I was asking them about their babys sleep pattern. Most of them are still getting up once or even twice in a night! We put Eli to bed and he sleeps until the morning. I might hear him in the night but I never need to go into his room!! Sleep training is what I attribute it to. Dr.Ferbers sleep training. Incredible!

Anyway, usually I try and stay in bed as long as I possibly can before I have to go in and get the little guy. When he's up and awake he's ready to play for the day! Most mornings I go in to get him and he's standing up in his crib bouncing on his mattress! But this morning I woke up on my own, without a chatty baby. I got up made a bottle for him, made some tea for me, had breakfast. How nice!

I went in 15 minutes ago and he was still sound asleep. Why wake a sleeping baby? Well it might make his schedule be completely off today, but so what! I just heard him now, I love those little chatty noises in the morning... well lets be completely honest most mornings I do!

Tuesdays are a good day for us, Eli & I go to Parent Link here in the Park and hang out with other moms and baby's. They always different activities set up to do. Last week we did hand and foot prints, as well as finger paint... you can imagine how messy of an experience that was, but it sure was cute. Andy and I have an appointment to go to this afternoon, so my mom is going to come over for an hour  to hang out with Eli while we're out. Tuesdays Andy is also off school around 11:00a.m which is nice to have him home a bit earlier!

Hope you all have a great day, I better go up and get the little critter. He's probably hungry after a long sleep like that!

No comments: