Monday, March 29, 2010

Tired, Teething, Baby

Eli is teething. Its hard work! He has started to cut 2 teeth at a time. Yesterday he was not happy. Saturday he had his mind set on not going down for a nap, and I'm wondering if today is going to be the same.

We put the little guy to bed yesterday at 7:00 P.M since he only got one nap and he slept straight through until 8:20A.M this morning! Well we got up and right away he wasn't too happy. After an hour and a half he was rubbing his eyes, pulling at his ears, and whining. All signs that he is tired. You know the red eyes that babys also get when their tired? Yup, he had that too! He was up for an hour and a half before I decided it was time to put him to bed again! Your thinking, easy morning for me!! Yes and no. Having a tired, whiney baby is easier said than done. It can be very draining!

So I fed him, and put him to bed. As soon as he hit the crib mattress he lost it! Screaming. Once I left the room, he was quiet for a few minutes, and then again he lost it! Maybe he's just overtired, but I hate hearing him scream like that. Generally, what I do when Eli does this is I'll take a shower and take my sweet time 10-15 minutes. Usually when I get out all is quiet.

Our little boy has so much energy and is just always on the go that he still takes 2 naps a day (usually about 1.5-2 hours per nap) and he sleeps between 11-12.5 hours a night! That is insane that he still sleeping that much at 10 months! I'm not complaining though!

My doula course is starting to get more exciting! I've finished my first first module, which was all about communication. And now I'm working on my first assignment. Its basically going over my labor and delivery using a specific format provided for me. I've learned alot about my feelings, and looking back on my very long and complicated labor and delivery has been really good! I think I'm going to start diving into my physiology of birth textbook and get going with it! Its easy right now because Andy is studying in the evenings, so it gives me time to focus on my stuff! Depending on how I'm feeling things are going, I'd like to start looking for births to attend. I need 2 for my certification, and I guess if I have them booked I'll be more driven to continue on with my training. I think I'll make a flyer up and put it in the health centre here in the park, boards in libraries, maybe some coffee shops, etc. I could also put an add on Kijiji. People always want free services! Cross my fingers at least! Any suggestions or comments please let me know! I'd love to hear them!

No comments: