Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What a day!

Well the morning started off really well! Eli didn't sleep in as late as I expected him to. 7:30a.m he got up. We were off to Heart to Heart (which is a lady's bible study I attend on Wednesdays) this morning and I really didnt want to go once I saw more snow outside, but since we were supposed to help with childcare and snack I couldn't bail. Off we went!

I love seeing how well Eli plays with other kids and how content he is in a setting where other people are taking care of him. I considered going into one of the older classrooms so that I wouldn't be around Eli all morning in case he decided he might be needy just because I was there. My boy needy!? No way! Never! He had a great time playing and hanging out. All the new and different toys are so much fun!

Generally, after Heart 2 Heart is over Eli is tired and ready for a nap. I sing all the way home to him (a whole 10 minutes, if that!) to keep him awake and when we get home he has a bottle and into bed for a good 2 hours. Its an easy morning and I love it! Well today, not so much. Eli was down for 30 minutes (not even!) and he woke up screaming. He refused to go back down. He refused lunch. He refused to sit on my lap, and he refused to play on the floor! So frustrating!

Finally he is down for what is usually his 2nd nap of the day, but this is only his first one! We'll see how long it lasts! I'm sitting down with a cup of tea ready to relax... is it the end of the day yet!?

Exciting news!! Andy's EI has come through. Again, what a blessing. We were saying Andy should just continue on with as much school as possible, because I think we have more money now (without either of us working!!!) than when we were both working! How does that work!? God is good, thats all I can say!

This past week after a fun drive home with me bouncing around in the front seat dancing to Tick Tock by Kesha (while Andy was driving!) my dear husband encouraged me to find a dance class to get inovolved with. I told him I dont want to get involved in a dance studio that competes, and most of them in Sherwood Park do just that. I also informed him that "I dont know how to dance!"  "Yeah right!" He said, "I dont! I only know how to do Nat hip hop, not the other hip hop!" For those of you who dont know. I used to be involved in a dance/drama group with my church. We did alot of hip hop, and our leaders of our group (Jeff & Nat!) also did the choreography. The style of hip hop that Nat does is incredible, and it just clicks with me. Nat can move like no woman I've ever seen! Her choreography is wicked, and she has won awards even!! Her dance studio is always busy, and she is an incredible teacher . . . However going to other hip hop classes, I find it a bit more chanellenging. So we could say that I find Nat Hop, much easier than hip hop. I hope you find that amusing.

3 or 4 months ago I tried a Salsa Babies class, and at this particular studio they also offer "Fit Hop." A hip hop class for adults. Maybe it was just because its not called hip hop, but fit hop that I decided it was the one for me! I signed up and start in 3 or 4 weeks! I'm pretty excited about it! Its through a dance studio called J'adore in Edmonton! Should be a great time!

Anyways, I suppose I should go and do some reading for my course. Here are a few pictures I thought you might enjoy!


2 comments:

Paige said...

You are a great dancer! I think most of it comes from confidence and having fun, and you have that! Babies are challenging... oh the days... this to shall pass... and then you miss it!

Karla said...

Thanks Paige! The simple reminders that I should enjoy these days because soon he wont be a baby!
I appreciate the encouragement, and can you tell me the secret to doing it with . . . you have 5 right!?