Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sounds in the night

Well last night we had an interesting sleep. I woke up at 3:30a.m and around 3:50a.m I heard a "Bang, bang, bang, bang!" Scared the heck out of me. It was outside, I didnt really think much of it. Then at 4:00a.m, I heard a loud ringing noise. Andy woke up and we got up trying to figure out where it was coming from. Not upstairs, not downstairs, it was closer to the back of the house. We went to the spare room which looks onto the back alley and there was a truck on fire! I grabbed the phone and called 911. Someone had already called it in,

Interestingly enough a few weeks the same truck that was on fire was involved in an accidnet in the back alley maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago, it was not a bad accident I didn't see any damage to either vehicles, but the young guy who owns the truck was freaking out, and dropping F bombs. Let me also mention there are alot of interesting characters that come in and out of that place, aswell as some interesting smells that come from over there when their outside smoking. If you know what I mean? So something just seems fishy to me. I think its arson. Weather its the guy who owns the truck who did it, or someone else. I'm thinking the banging I heard before was someone breaking the windows, or maybe it was the windows break due to the heat. I dont know.

The truck is gone this morning, which I'm a little disappointed about because I wanted to take a picture of it, but ohwell! It was also neat to watch the firefighters put out this fire. Gives me more and more respect for what my dad does everyday!

All I can say too is I'm very glad that the fire didn't spread because we could feel the heat from out upstairs window, and our place was only one door over!

No comments: