Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Whats next?

We've decided to put Eli down later, instead of his regular 6:30 bedtime. Last night we put him down around 7:30, and he went down super easy. Andy and I went to bed at 9:45P.M, and thats when Eli woke up. Very unhappy I might add. We let him cry and finally I went in and tried to calm him. He wasn't planning on calming down. So we got up until 10:30. He'd be fine for a moment and then just start screaming! It would seem to us he was in pain. Quiet one moment, and then screeching. We gave him some advil and when it finally kicked it, we put him back to bed. He fell asleep with no issues.

We assumed it was his teeth. He was knawing on his soother like crazy, especially on the sides if his gums. He has 4 teeth. 2 top and 2 bottom both in the centre. I dont think anymore are due for a bit but stranger things have happened.

He slept great till 7:30a.m, and he was ready to get up. I got him out of his crib, pulled off his sleep sack, changed his diaper and got him dressed. I noticed though that he kept pulling his right leg away from my hand, and would scream anytime I touched it. By the way, I hadn't turned the light on in his room yet so it was kind of dark. Well I brought him downstairs, and this is what I noticed:


It looks and feels like a burn to me, but the other foot doesnt have it! Its really warm too, and goes up his ankle and is also raised up a bit like a rash. Then I noticed he has a rash on the back of his neck. I know a nurse at my bible study and we were headed there this morning. I showed her, and we check the rest of his body out. Low and behold another rash, this one bigger and ons his tummy. She wasn't too sure what to make of it. It doesn't seem to be bothering him today, but I'm wondering if thats what his issue was last night? We're going to wait it out until this evening and if it hasn't gone down at all, I'll take him in.

Poor little guy . . . uh and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know!

No comments: