Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Eli, maternity leave, and summer. You ready for this!?

I know I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm lucky to have a baby that sleeps so well. He went down at 7:00P.M and I didn't her him until 7:00A.M. However, when you have something thats good dont you usually want better!? Eli used to sleep until 7:30-8:00, but now that he is getting up earlier its throwing our schedule off! He is tired by 8:30a.m, and wants to sleep, but I keep him up until as late as I possibly can. Today and yesterday was about 9:30, almost the regular time I put him down. He has his bottle, and I put him in his crib, he rolls onto his side and doesnt make a peep! Bedtime is like that too. We dont have to fight with him to go to sleep ever. If we do usually there is a problem or he isn't feeling well.

Speaking of not feeling well. Guess who has a runny nose!? Not me. Eli. I guess it is the time of year, but its strill frustrating. Apparently kids get something like 10 + colds a year! Thats insane!

Andy's birthday is in a week, he'll be 25! I cant believe it! Our anniversary is in a few weeks. 3 whole years. ;-) for those of you reading who have been married for 10+ years, thats incredible!! I'll take any advice I can get!!

And now that I'm mentioning dates... my maternity leave is up on May 13th, only like 5 weeks left! I cant believe how fast it really does go by! You people who say "Enjoy it, it goes fast!!" really meant it! All of the moms in my little moms group that I've become really good friends with (theres 5 or 6 of us) are all going back to work. I'm the only one not. So now when we get together for lunch dates we all talk about day homes, and day care, whose going back when, and so on. Personally, I couldn't imagine going back to work. I love being at home with Eli, although I think some days at work would be easier. I mentioned to Andy though that I'm going to need to get involved more with different play groups, and get myself out there more. Because most of my girlfriends are going back to work that means no more daytime play dates, or lunch get togethers, or afternoon swim time! I'm a little nervous that I could possibly become a tad bit depressed. Its going to be a hard adjustment! That being said, summer is coming up and I'm looking forward to getting out in the sun. Walking, biking, gardening, etc. Andy and I have started looking for a bike trailer so we can cart Eli around when we go biking this summer! Theres some used ones on Kijiji, or we can get a stroller/bike trailer for $200. We'll wait it out and see what happens!

Theres my update. Andy is home from school around 11:30 today (did I mention I love Tuesdays!?) so I think we'll go for a walk, and then Eli and I will head to Parent Link for the Baby & Me program. I've met alot of awesome moms there, and am loving it! Once Eli is a year old though, we'll have to find a new program because he's no longer a baby! All these changes, whatever will I do!?

1 comment:

Jeremy, Lacy, Bethany and Cody said...

Hey Karla, I wish we lived closer, I would be your friend and we could do things all the time!!! I know how you feel about being the only parent staying home. Plus we have moved so much it's hard to make friends. Anyway, I noticed that you've mentioned a bike trailer or jogging strollers a few times and wanted to tell you we just got a bike trailer/jogging stroller. I LOVE it, you can put 2 kids in it (or it works with just one) the weight limit is 100lbs. It says that it's made for baby's 18months and up but I put Cody in it and he's only 6. I just stop every once in awhile and reajust it. Boots just loves it! On my blog there are a few pic.s of it. It is called an Aosom Elite Double Baby Bike Trailer/Jogging Stroller (the new version, which has a hand brake). I got mine off of ebay, It was priced at $124.99 with free shipping, but then I did that buy it now or best offer and got it for $115 and free shipping. When we got it we notice it had a bent frame and called the company and they sent us a new one that day. I like this brand of trailer/stroller because when you use it as a stroller the front tire is like a jogging stroller and then you just take it off and pull the bar out from under it to attach to your bike. The other brands that are cheaper and more expensive use the bar that attaches to your bike for the trailer as the place where you put the front wheel for the stroller also. I don't like that because it sticks out so far and it looks homely to me. Anyway, that is just my 2 cents, hope it helps. Love you!