Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Easter Bunny IS Real!

So after church today I went out to the airport to pick up my parents, Katherine, and Kath's friend. They were coming home from Mexico where they built a church.

Kristin (my sister) and I planned a big Easter dinner ( as we heard through the grapevine that my mom was hoping to come up to dinner!) so we put it together! I made roasted garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli salad, and 2 lemon meringue pies! I drove out to mom and dads to drop the food off before I went to the airport aswell as to pick their car up because it has more space for luggage and such!

As I drove up the driveway and parked behind my dads car on the garage pad I noticed there were a few chocolate eggs on the back bumper of his car. Thats odd. As I got out of the car I noticed that there were easter eggs all over the deck. I continued on and realized that the easter bunny had been to the house and there was chocolate hidden all over the yard! Kinder surprises, mini caramel eggs, easter bunnys, plastic eggs, a little special bag for Eli even!! They were all over the place! Hidden everywhere! I called my sister and asked her if she knew anything about it! Nope. I had to get going as I was running a bit late, and jumped in the car to head off towards the airport. As I was driving I received a text message saying, "No easter egg hunt until the whole family arrives . . . pass it on!" I didnt recognize the number. I think the easter bunny is real, and he has a cell phone!!

I picked my family up and told them the easter bunny had come to the house! We wracked our brains trying to figure it out. The first person we thought was my Aunt and cousin! My aunt and cousin arrived, and they said it wasn't them... however my cousin mentioned that she didnt know who had texted me. I didn't recall mentioning the text. wierd.  Finally we all figured it out and sure enough it was my aunt and cousin! We knew it, but for a brief moment I thought it was the easter bunny!

We all ran outside with our baskets getting chocolate! Complete mayhem, and there might have even be a tickle fight or two! I was the victim of that one, they wanted to steal all my chocolate!

It was a great day! Great company, great food, and an easter egg hunt! I secretly had scoped out where most of the chocolate was before so I had a bit of an advantage!! Shh!!
Great day!!
Dont we all look so nice!! Oh man!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great afternoon! I'm so glad it worked out; and I think it meant a lot to mom too! :) Love you.
Kris

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed the morning-thanks for inviting us along! The stories from the kids in the choir were heartbreaking but now full of such joy and hope! We need more reminders of how blessed we are, and challenged to live our lives intentionally. Love you.
Kristin