Saturday, April 10, 2010

Internal Clock

Eli has one crazy internal clock! In the morning the clock hits 7:00A.M, and he is ready to get up.

Last night was a tough night. I tried to put him down at his regular bedtime 6:30-7:00, and he refused. I got him up and he played for a bit. This happened 4 times, and 8:30 he still refused to go down. Anytime I put him in his crib he screamed. I'd let him cry for a bit and then he'd start coughing. Finally, we took him for a drive and he went down just after 9:00P.M. You would think that considering he went to bed 2.5 hours after his regular bedtime he would sleep in. But nope. 7:00A.M hits and he is ready to get up!

So I've been working hard on my doula course, and have been reading up on the physiology of birth. There is a ton of information, but its interesting! I'm learning alot that I didn't know before! Neat facts! So with my course I need to attend 2 births. I had a few other students mention that its good to start looking early because then it gives you motivation to really do your reading and assignments. Yesterday, I decided I would put an add on Kijiji just mentionng that I am training, and will do my services for free, but I do ask that the client pays for gas, parking, childcare, food, etc. Within the afternoon I had 4 replies! 4!! I can't believe it, and I'm almost panicking! Most of them are due over the summer, which gives me a few months to continue on with my training, however I need to meet with them over the next few weeks to see if we "click." Like a few of the students said it is motivation to really get going with the course, and now I feel like theres a fire underneath me!! Guess thats not a bad thing!! And so it begins!

No comments: