Sunday, April 4, 2010

Watoto Childrens Choir

Well I dragged my family off to church this morning. Yes we always go to church on Sunday mornings but this morning I had to convince my husband to come with me. We went to the Sherwood Park Pentecostal Church and watched the Watoto Childrens Choir perform! My sister and brother in law also came.  Andy wasn't overly excited to go, but we had a free pancake breakfast and then sat through a great performance!

It was Incredible to say the least! Aids has rampaged its way through Africa taking lives of children and adults, and often times leaving children orphaned and begging on the street.  Each child was an orphan at one time and has their own story of how they came to live in the Watoto Village. The full story it on their website, and has a ton of information about who they are, what they do, and why!!

Every story that was told was incredible and make me thankful that Iam so blessed to live in a safe country, where I have food and shelter.

These children were high energy kids, and had a passion to sing and dance! Made me realize that if I'm going to do something I need to be passionate about it, not just do it half way. One of the things that I really enjoyed was hearing how in Africa they dance for everything! Happy or sad, they dance!

I was really touched sitting back today hearing their stories, and I was completely blessed by these children! It makes me realize I need to do something for others.

Their website is: Watoto.com, and I encourage you to check them out. They do have a few more performances in Edmonton before they head off to travel the rest of the country! It was an incredible performance, and now I just want to get up and dance!!!!

No comments: