Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another mystery

Well the other day as I was changing Eli I noticed a rash on his back/bum. Its very small little bumps that are all red. I didnt think much of it. Baby's get rashes and thats that. A day later I noticed he still had it, but it was also on his upper back/armpit. It doesn't seem to bother him, but I think Andy was quite concerned about it.

So this afternoon he was playing while I was checking my e-mail. He took the remote control and kept hitting the computer. I would calmly say no and move his hand. Well he finally did it again (after 5 or 6 times of saying no) and I took the remote from him set it down on the couch and firmly said "No, Eli!" He lost it! He was not happy. I made him a bottle and tried to feed him. He had all of an ounce and he was done. He continued to cry. At this point though he was pulling on his ear, and screeching at the top of his lungs. Not the regular "I'm upset because you told me no." cry. So I took him upstairs and he quickly crawled away and stopped crying. We went back downstairs and he started playing fine, and then all of a sudden he started screeching again! Arching his back as I'm holding him and just loosing it! I gave him a bit of tylenol and allergy medicine, and put him to bed. He let out one loud screech and that was it.

I called the dr, and they can get us in on Friday morning. They know us by first name now. Probably since the last time I sent the nurse a thank you card for getting us in so quickly, but still I feel dumb when all I have to say is "Eli." and she knows, and asks if this is something new that has come up or if he had it the last time we were in. Ohwell I guess. I've decided that I'm keeping a detailed chart of what his day consists of. Anything that isn't regular or "normal" for him. So this rash, pulling at his ears (however that has become regular with the 4 ear infections he's had!) any diaper issues, etc. So when we see the naturopath I can give him a good idea of whats been going on and when!

I know there was a roseola outbreak in Calgary, but I dont know if this is the same thing. Once he wakes up I'll post a picture of his rash and maybe some of you can help me self diagnose my son, since the dr hasnt been able to yet! ;-)
THanks for reading!

No comments: