Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tough Decisions

So remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned things have been tough because of some decisions we have to make about our future? Well here it is!

Andy finished school and went in to write his exam and came out feeling quite discouraged. It was hard. I guess the government had written new exams for this year. Well there were 6 questions that didnt have enough information on them so they exept those ones. Andy got a phone call a few nights after he had written saying that he had failed and he could re write the next day. He went off to the library to study his brains out. He went into the exam feeling good and ready to go! He texted me after he finished the exam and said he had gotten 62%. You need a 70% to pass.

So we had to decide, Andy either challenges the exam once more for $150 or he goes back to school for 8 weeks to do it over again. He felt frustrated because he did incredible in school and then for some reason couldn't pass this exam! He also felt like he had let me down, the plan was that my mat leave pay would end and he would pass school and get a pay raise! He didnt know where he went wrong!!
We prayed about it and talked about it alot. We knew God had a bigger plan in all of it, so we decided he would rewrite! Then last week I got a letter in the mail saying he was booked to write his exam already! Which was odd because we hadn't booked it or paid for it yet! I called and spoke to a woman named Jackie. She was so helpful and said they had booked it and we had to pay still. Great! She was so helpful, I felt like there was hope!

Meanwhile, Andy and I (aswell as our families!) continued to pray about all of this! We prayed that God would show us His will and what he would like to in our lives!


Yesterday, Andy called to confirm he was still booked in for the exam and to pay for it. The guy he spoke to said he was no longer booked! WHAT!? I was ready to bust a cap in this guys . . . yeah you get it! Andy got transfered to another guy, Dale. Dale informed him that he is no longer booked for his exam because he did in fact PASS the last one he wrote!! WHAT!? Dale said he had to confirm it and to call on Monday.


Andy just called me and said he spoke to Jackie and she confirmed that yes he did pass his exam, he doesnt need to re write! HE IS A 4th YEAR APPRENTICE NOW!!


I'm so happy I could cry! In fact I'm close to tears right now! The only thing I can say is God is Good! He continues to be faithful to us in ways I didnt think were possible! Yes, this could be a "fluke" and they made a mistake, but I choose to believe that God was truly testing our faith in all of this. And He sure did! We didnt understand, but we knew there was a bigger plan in all of this!


So thats the update of our lives! Everything is working out, not how we planned but almost even better!


Last night I went to the dentist and talked to him about some cosmetic issues! Heres a tid bit about me. Are you ready!? I sucked my finger when I was younger, well and a teenager too actually! Probably until I was 15 or so! Crazy, I know! Because of that I have an overbit and my teeth aren't as straight as they could be. I asked him what we could do about straightening them out. Braces. Not what I wanted to hear. He said it'd probably take a year and a half to two years. At first I thought "No way in heck!" but now thinking about it, if my teeth bother me now they're going to bother me 5 or 10 years from now! So I have a consultation at the orthodontist! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: