Friday, May 14, 2010

Health First

Last night Eli had a slight fever. Nothing too serious. He was tired and not feeling well so we put him to bed. Around 12:00a.m he woke up crying. I went in and picked him up, and he was piping hot. Surprisingly I couldn't find the thermometer! So I decided we were going to take him to the Health First Centre here in Sherwood Park. Like a small ER and their open from 5:30P.M-1:00A.M. We went in and the place was dead! We got checked in and waited for a nurse to take his temperature. We waited close to 20 minutes, and then we got taken back. The nurse was rude to us right off the bat. She asked us a few questions I told her the answers, and she treated me like I was dumb.

Eli lost it when she took his temperature, and it took him 15 minutes of screaming (and throwing up in between!) before he calmed down. He didnt have much of a fever, and he's already on antibiotics for the ear infection so really what else is there they can do!? We waited for what felt like ever with a crying baby and finally I opened the door and said " I think we're going to go home, theres really nothing that can be done, and he's tired." They protested and said it'd only be a couple more minutes. Meanwhile the doctor is sitting behind the desk. We waited longer and Eli lost it again. We packed up our stuff and got ready to leave... "We're going to go. Your not concerned about his fever and theres really nothing else you guys can do." The nurse said "I want to get a stool sample to see if the antibiotics are whats giving him diarrhea!" I felt so frustrated because if they had listened to me they'd have known he's been on these antibiotics 4 times already, and the diarrhea started before the antibiotics! And doctor got up and said "Ya know, I'll just look at him." She came him and tried to listen to his chest, he started screaming. "Woooaaah." She said rudely!! "Just take him home and give him some tylenol." And we left! I couldnt believe it! So frustrating!

So needless to say we're tired. Eli woke up at 6:45, was up for half an hour and then went back to bed for 2 hours. When he got up though he was miserable and still has a slight fever. I think he's also cutting a tooth! So far thats our day!

I feel bad for Andy, he had to be up at 5:30, and only got 4 or 5 hours of sleep! Poor guy!
Heres hoping the weekends better!!

No comments: