Monday, June 14, 2010

Are you ready for this!?

We're off to Eli's 1 year appointment today. I actually completely forgot about it until I was vacuming this morning and thinking how we had nothing to do.. when it popped into my mind! Good thing I remembered! Its not like me to forget appointments!

When Eli went to bed last night he was not happy, and had no intentions of going to sleep. He screamed, and cried, so we brought him down and he was okay. But once he starts complaining the rule is he goes right back up to bed. He was not happy when he went back to bed the second time around, but he fell asleep eventually. He went to bed at 8:30, and this morning I didnt hear him unil 8:15! I was so happy!

Did I mention that on Sunday morning he slept in until after 9a.m!? He went to bed on Saturday night late, like after 10, but man sleeping in was sure nice!!

I went off to church yesterday morning while I left my boys to sleep. The sermon series that they're talking about right now is why the bible is the truth. The first sermon that was preached just pulled me in! It was so good. The pastor took certain things in the bible that God has said and showed the proof of the story and how it actually has played out in history. It was incredible! So yesterday he preached on how God will lead us to the right place, the right people, etc. Jesus didnt hang out with the perfect people, he hung out with the sinners. The tax collectors, prostitues, etc. Which is something I've been thinking about. The people who we hang out with, and spend our time with. I dont think its right as a Christian that I spend all my time with only other Christians and only Christians. Jesus didn't. But what if there is someone in my life that I dont agree with how their living their lives, or decisions their making for their family. Then what do I do? Continue to love them, but tell them how I feel and what I think?

Often times I feel frustrated because Christians get written off as crazy people, who are brain washed and the list can go on. One controversial subject thats been on my mind recently is being Gay & Christian.

A well known Christian singer Jennifer Knapp recently "came out of the closet" with her sexuality, and has also let it be known that she is in a same sex relationship. Larry King actually devoted a whole hour of his show to having her on, as well as 2 pastors. Personally, I think this interview just made Christians look even worse! The interview is in 4 parts and is on youtube if you'd like to watch it. I posted the first part on my facebook, and there was an array of replies with different opinions. Some people who weighed in were Christians and some were not. One person who did weigh in was Andy's aunt who is a Christian. I really appreciated her input and felt that she really had the place to weigh in because she is a lesbian, however she mentioned she is choosing not to be in a relationship. I really felt that if anyone was going to talk about the struggle of being gay she was the one to do it!

I suppose the biggest thing for me about this interview with Jennifer Knapp was that she made it seem like she doesn't see anything wrong with being gay. At the same time I think its important as Christians that we dont "throw the stone" at certain people in our society... weather thats gay people, murderers, etc. God is pretty clear that sin is sin. No sin is worse than another. Lust, lieing, stealing is equal to taking someones life, coveting, or being homosexual. And God calls us to love the sinner.  This all takes me back to the woman at the well, when Jesus met the woman there. The video is also on youtube, and its called Woman at the well.

So this post went from me talking to Eli's sleeping to Christians and decisions and the list goes on... but it is something that has been heavy on my heart. I want people to know in no way am I being judgemental of anyone this is just something thats been taking up alot of headspace lately!

No comments: