Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Busy Productive Day!!




So we had one busy day today!! We were up at 7:00a.m, and got started on our work day by 8:15ish! It was a good day! We did alot, and still have alot to do!

Our task today was to put new doors in. Front and back. We decided that the trim around the windows could wait for paint! But I still got to paint.

My mother in law came over this morning as well as Andy's cousin, Josh. So helpful to have them both here! My MIL loves to help in any was possible, and we appreciate it more than words can express! Once Eli went down for his nap we went off to Home Hardware and picked out paint, and we actually came home with a complete different color than we had originally planned for. Which can sometimes be risky (especially since my husband said, "Pick whatever you want, but nothing too dark.") Well I did exactly what he said not to do. Something dark! And it looks great! Our front door looks awesome and its not even done! We're going to do the trim around the windows over the next few weeks (hopefully!) but thats a huge task itself!

So once the front door was pretty much done, and painted and put in, the boys got to work on the back door. Thats where the issues arose. They pulled the door and frame off, and the floor is rotting. Like to the point where you can see into the basement if you'd really like to! So they had to put the door back on, and we'll (actually not we'll, Andy!) will have to replace the floor. Have I mentioned I love having a handy husband around!? We havent stopped since first thing this morning and its 10:15P.M.

Eli was awesome today! So easy and happy, and he napped great! Almost too great. He just went down to bed a little while ago because he was so happy and just not tired!

Here are some pictures of our day! Oh and did I mention I burnt to a crisp!? Someone tell me why I didnt apply sunscreen to myself, when I put it on Eli!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THe door looks fantastic, but your back--OUCH!!! It was so warm out yesterday!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

WOW - I love the door. Your back - not so much... Oh yeah - I love you too. Wondered how long it would take you to find choc pudding pics :-)
Mom