Monday, June 7, 2010

A rant or two.

Okay, so somethings been bothering me that I have to get off my chest and I'd love to have your opinions on this!


Recently Andy was out with a friend. It was getting late and Andy mentioned that Eli has been getting up at 5:45a.m and thats why he needed to get home. His friend replied something along the lines of, "Why is that your problem? Thats Karla's job, she doesn't have a job that she has to et up early for. That is her job!"

Okay, I do agree to some extent. Eli is my job, thats why I'm a stay at home mom to take care of my son. However, on the weekends thats when I feel like I should get some sort of a break which Andy is really awesome about giving me! During the week I will get up at 5:45a.m when Eli wakes up and in no way do I expect that Andy help me with anything before he walks out the door for work, because he has other things to think about. But I wonder what life is like for Andy's friends wife, does he help out at home or let his wife sleep in ever, or does he expect that her jow is a 24 hour/7 days a week job? No offence to any men or husbands out there, but I dont know any men that work 24/7! Do you? Often times, a moms job is 24/7, and thats why Im thankful for such an involved husband. He is always willing to step in and give me a break!

I feel really bothered that someone would say that to Andy and just expect that "Its my job!" As far as I'm concerend raising a child is a 2 person job, I believe its meant to be done by a mom and a dad. Now thats not saying that women who are doing it on their own arent doing something right! All the more power to them, it takes a strong woman to do it! But once and awhile its nice to get a break and not wake up at 5:45a.m, and thats why I really appreciated that Andy got up with Eli on Sunday morning and let me sleep in for an extra hour until 8:00a.m! Any thoughts on this? Maybe I've got it all wrong, if I do, please tell me!

Okay and one more thing! One more rant! I went into Wal Mart today to return something. One of the ladies behind the counter commented on my little cutie in the stroller. First thing she said is, "Where are your shoes little boy?? Where are they!?" I said very politely, "Well tell her that since you dont walk, we dont need to wear shoes yet." By the way, does anyone else have trouble findind good shoes for their little person!? Anyways, so replied (talking to Eli!) "You tell your mom that you need to wear shoes. You cant go out without shoes, your never going to get used to wearing shoes if your mom doesn't put them on you now, and then your going to hate wearing shoes. You tell her you need some shoes!" At that point I just ignored her. Eli has shoes, I just figure if Im running to wal mart and the library, he's going to be in the stroller the whole time, whats the point of putting shoes on? He has no problem wearing shoes, but its more work for me. Especially since most of the shoes he has are expensive and I dont want to loose one and then that pair is gone! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a good pair of shoes, or some little sandals... I'm too cheap to boy Robeez but Im thinking I'll have to give in soon. He has a cute little pair of soccer Robeez that he got from my cousin, and I love them. But those are the best pair of shoes he has right now. At any rate, is it really her place to go on and on about "Why your mom needs to put shoes on your feet!" Maybe its my hormones right now, I dont know! At any rate thats my rant!

And now a few pictures of my cutie (with no shoes on!!) :-)


     Playing in the garden.                                                        
Brushing his teeth!

 

                                                          Am I cute mom? Notice his shoes?

2 comments:

Michelle Barker said...

Karla-
You can tell that lady that one of my professors actually taught us that kids learn to walk better and easier when they DONT wear shoes. True story. He said it's easier for them to balance because they can use their toes and they learn about different sensations too when they walk(like grass, cement, carpet...). He said that those baby shoes with flat bottoms aren't the best for kids learning to walk and moving around.
But baby shoes are really cute!

Karla Hope: said...

Actually I've heard that before aswell! And I was going to mention it, but what was the point? Thats good to know, thanks Michelle!!