Thursday, June 3, 2010

Walking

So I follow 4 or 5 blogs, and I love knowing whats going on in peoples lives and what they're up to! I check my fellow bloggers blogs daily in hope that they've posted something new! Maybe thats why I blog so often, just in case there is someone else out there like me that checks certain blogs daily (or sometimes more!!)
One of the blogs I follow is someone I've never met. Kind of wierd right, but at the same time I love hearing about her adventures with her daughter and her husband. Their daughter is just 10 months old, and she's walking! I'm jealous! Here I am sitting back listening to my mom friends say that they're little people are taking their first steps, and then there's Eli!

This little boy loves his walking toy! He cant get enough of it! From the kitchen to the living room he goes. He also get a toy CAT truck for Christmas from my aunt and uncle and he loves pushing that around too while he's walking. But he wont hang onto your hands or fingers (like most other baby's who are eager to go!!) and if he does hang onto them he lifts his legs up, so he's in a sitting position hanging in the air, or he makes his legs go limp! I know all babys are different and he'll walk when he's ready. I think he's actually too nervous, every once in awhile he'll push his toy with only one hand intead of two, but thats about it! He's getting better, but I tell him when we're out and about (and he's hating being confined to his stroller!) that if he could walk I could let him out. He's so miserable in his stroller because he was to be on the move that I've considered bringing his walking toy out with us because he might be happy. I had barely enough time to buy a pair of shoes at Payless yesterday because he was so miserable in the stroller! poor guy!! We'll get there one day, and for now I should just tell myself theres no rush!



2 comments:

Jeremy, Lacy, Bethany and Cody said...

Hey Karla, that's funny that you say you check blogs everyday! I do that also and sometimes more than once. But I'm not so good at blogging, I never know what to say. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that Bethany started pulling up and walking along things before she turned 6 months. Everyone kept saying they wouldn't be suprised if she walked early also. Well, she would take a few steps by herself every once in a while, but didn't really start walking until about 13/14 months. I think some babys just find a way to get around that works for them and that is good enough, they can get where they want and don't need to do anything else. I hope things are looking up for you. How is Mr. Eli doing? Do you have a party planned for his 1st birthday?

P.S. it is so fun when they start walking, but it also opens up a new can of worms!!!

Karla said...

You could write about the kidlets!! Who doesnt love to hear about them... Id love to see more pictures and hear about whats going on in your lives! Even just a little blurb every few days!

Eli is doing much better these days, still has an itchy rash on his wrist and arm but no more diarrhea so thats good!

Just like crawling Im sure I'll be wishing that he never started walking, but at this point I feel like I cant wait!!
LOve you Lacy!!