Monday, July 5, 2010

When is enough enough?

The past little while (since Summer started!) Ive been feeling extremely lonely. Chances are its because all of the things we've done over the past year are over for the summer... but do you ever have it where you feel like you put alot of effort into a friendship and no matter how hard you try it isn't reciprocated? Im totally feeling this way! Often times theres always an excuse as to why someone cant do something or along those lines. How long do you try for before moving on? I have a few great friends, but lately I've been feeling like Im the one putting all the effort into the relationships. Or what about the friends that you thought you were fairly close with, but after awhile you realize thats not the case.

Im very blessed to have an amazing husband who is my best friend, but I think its so important for woman to spend time together. Since all of the programs I was involved in are done until September Im not getting out as much (except for quick trips to walmart, which seem like a daily occurrance!!) Scheduling around nap times can get tough, but what happens when the other person always has an excuse? Nap time for their baby, plans already, football game, friends visiting, date night, too tired, not up to it, not answering the phone, not returning your phone call . . . and the list goes on, again... how long do you try for before you move on?

As I laid in bed last night, shedding a few tears, I remembered what it was like to be in highschool, and summer was a blast! No responsibilities, sleeping in, hanging out with friends, staying up as late as you want, etc . . . who would've though being an adult and making time with friends would be so hard?

I suppose I'm feeling sorry for myself today, and I've been feeling really lonely the past few weeks, however its hard when you know that the friends you'd like to spend more time with are spending their time with other people. It gets tiring hearing every excuse in the book after awhile.

*I have to mention that this post is in no way directed at any one person*

No comments: