Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Braces

This week so far feels like its flown past! Maybe its because I dont feel as stressed as I did last week when it comes to not knowing when my clients baby is going to come.The unknown was really hard for me.
Remember how awhile back I went in for a consultation to find out about braces? Well I went in and got my second opinion at another orthodontists office here in Sherwood Park. And this place is close to $3500 cheaper when its all said it done, maybe more! Is that insane or what!? Its definitly obvious walking into this place that its not as "ritzy" as the other place, and you know the bib they tie around your neck at the dentist?? Yeah, they use a napkin... but they are $3500 cheaper so maybe I shouldnt complain! The consultation was cheaper too, almost by double but I was only in there all of 7 or 8 minutes. Regardless, the orthodontist said the same thing we need to pull 2 top teeth because theres not enough space, and braces on both top and bottom probably about 2 years. Im going to do it! I called this morning to book the diagnostic phase and they actually could get me in today! So thats good, after that I book getting the 2 teeth pulled and then go back from one more appointment and then I guess braces after that! Im thinking the braces should be on by the beginning of Oct. Ugh. Im excited but not! 2 years of wearing braces... ohwell.

Yesterday, Eli slept in until 9:00a.m so I decided he didnt need his first nap. He slept for close 2 hours in the afternoon but I had to wake up because we had to zip out for a bit to drop kath off at work. By the end of the day he was so tired and crabby we couldnt believe it! He ended up staying up until after 8p.m, but woke up this morning at 6:45a.m! This little boy definitly needs his 2 naps a day still at almost 15 months! Its crazy!

And, I've decided Eli and I are going to take a trip to Ontario. My great aunt and uncle live there, and are getting older. Their health is not 100%, and she loves getting pictures of Eli and hearing all about him. I make sure to send pictures every month or so. She doesnt have any kids so Eli is the closest thing to having kids. I wrote in my last letter that we'd like to come visit and she called as soon as she got our letter and said theyd love to have us and to book the flights! Well, its like a 5 hour flight to Waterloo with a layover in Calgary. For those of you who know our little boy I dont know how he will survive a 5 hour plane ride where he has to sit still, nor do I know how Ill survive! Lots of prayer, snacks, and maybe a portable dvd player (anyone have any other suggestions!? I need them!!) My mom said "Lots of babys go on plane rides every year, and it works out, it will work out fine for you too" Here's the thing. Id be going by myself. Andy will be in school so this would be the best time for me to go so he can focus on school. Im looking forward to going, just not the flight. I think we'll go for a week, and we actually have some friends in Toronto so maybe we might be able to go visit them for a day. Im sure Ill need a day or evening away from my aunt and uncle at some point! We'll see! So I think that Ill book the flight sometime this week.

Like I said, anyone have any tips for flying with an overactive kid who doesnt nap unless he'sin his crib,and doesnt cuddle please fill me in! Ill need it!!

No comments: