Saturday, August 14, 2010

Eli's 1st haircut

Last night after supper, Andy and I sat at the kitchen table watching Eli toodle around playing and getting into everything! We decided that it was time to give him a haircut. He doesnt have alot of hair and since its so light it doesnt look to insane but since it was growing over his ears, we decided it was time to attempt his first haircut.

He didnt mind it at first. We sat him in his highchair and he just wanted to look at the clippers as we started cutting his hair. The first side we did was no problem, but the second side he lost it. Screaming. I think what upset him at first was the hair in his oneside that was itching him. Finally, andy held him down and I just went to it. Its not hard to cut a childs hair when he screaming and thrashing everywhere! We gave it a break and then went back to it a bit later. He did well the second time around, we let him sit on the bathroom counter and play with the water in the sink.

Is it normal to feel a bit sad after cutting your babes hair for the first time? And is it wierd that I saved his hair in a little baggy? Wierd??

We went off to Andy's cousins wedding today (which was beautiful!!!) and we had a ton of compliments on his hair. I guess we did a pretty good job!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

NO it's not crazy to feel sad after cutting his hair for the first time. I STILL haven't cut Lexi's hair because I know I'm going to be sad! and she'll be 3 in december! and When i finally do break down and give her a haircut, I'm gonna save it all in a baggie too! so I'm pretty sure it's completely normal!