Thursday, August 12, 2010

Why me?!

I've put a few adds on Kijiji the past little while getting rid of some things that we have collecting dust. One of them being a bunch of gift bags and tissue paper from the baby presents we received over a year ago! I had a lady say she would like to pick them up and showed up this afternoon. I wasnt expecting her to come but there she was. She handed me a tupperware of raspberries and let herself into my home.

She commented on the wall decals we have and then came and looked at our pictures on the walls, "Oh you have a baby, is he walking?!" "Yes, he's 14 months..." she says "Oh I have a grandaughter who was born last april and she still isnt walking, she has health issues, and is very sick." I say "Oh Im sorry to hear that." Andy brings the bags up and I take them from him, she then sees the laptop sitting on the computer and sits down beside and starts talking about her adds on kijiji and says that she has no idea how to use them and is so computer illiterate. She's sitting on the couch looking at the computer as I walk over to the door (hoping she'll get the point...) and she asks me to help her with her adds, "Im sorry we're about to walk out the door shortly." "Oh, okay, well ya see the reason . . ." and she goes off and tells us all about how her and her husband are deathly ill, and they're in and out of the hospital and they need help and they have heart attacks happen all the time in their family... she told us how her brother had a heart attack, her brother in law, her sister, on and on... and then she mentioned how the other side of her family is very sick and they have serious issues with commiting suicide!!! On and on she goes, and she hints at me helping her to search up some information to get help for medical research for their family, on and on... she stood at the door for 10 minutes talking. As soon as she mentioned the suicide issues in their family it was a red flag and I felt in my spirit she needed to leave. She mentioned again that she had no idea how to use the computer and needed help, I said "Well I guess the first place to start is taking a computer class then, hey!?" Trying to change the subject and just get her out. "Oh I have no time for that, we're in and out of the hospital all the time I was just there yesterday . . ." and she goes off. Finally I said, "Well Im very sorry to hear that." And opened the door, she eventually stopped talking and walked out after we said goodbye.

Seriously, why me!? I very strongly felt that we were being attacked spiritually, as soon as she mentioned the suicide stuff there was a thought in my head that said "Get out!" I know it sounds bad, but I just needed her out. I didnt invite her in and yet she still came and sat on the couch and looked around our house! As soon as the door closed Andy followed me into the kitchen and said, "I think we should pray, there was something spiritually off there." I love it when this happens because its total confirmation that my spiritual intuition was correct. We prayed against anything that may have been not right and asked for protection and guidance.

I have a feeling she is going to try and contact me through email so I need God's guidance.

I know it sounds so cliche but what would Jesus do in this situation??

2 comments:

mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

I'll be praying for you guys <3